SENSEI RICHARD HUBBARD
Sensei Richard is a lifetime martial artist with over 30 years of combined experience in a broad range of disciplines. Over that time he has trained in Karate, Kickboxing, and JuJitsu, as well as Wrestling, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, MMA, and Reality Based Self Defense. He was a varsity wrestler in High School, and President of two martial arts clubs while in college. He also has over 15 years of intensive meditation training under world renowned teachers, including extended periods of residency in both Zen and Tibetan monasteries. He is the founder of Prevail Defensive Tactics Civilian Self Defense Systems and the Prevail System of Hisshou-Ryu Kempo JuJitsu.
- Fourth Degree Black Belt Prevail System Hissho-Ryu Kempo JuJitsu. Certified under master instructors: Terry Dow, Shawn Flannagan, Robb Buckland, Rick Alford, Leigh Rossi, Gino Traballano, Mike Duffy, J.J. Doyle, Shelby Young, and Paul Castagno.
- Third Degree Black Belt in Kickboxing and Kenpo Karate under Master Terry Dow
- First Degree Black Belt Checkmate JuJitsu System under Master Leigh Rossi
- First Degree Black Belt JuJitsu America
- Purple Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu under Professor John Fain
- Instructor certifications in several Reality Based Self Defense systems:
- FAST Defense
- Blauer Tactical’s PDR
- The Self Defense Company Combatives
- Level 2 Wagner Reality Based Personal Protection.
- Verbal Judo instructor
- Fiore System Anger Management educator
- Ultimate Black Belt Test Team 7 member under Master Tom Callos
- Founder of Prevail Defensive Tactics Civilian Self Defense Systems
- Senior Instructor at The Training Station under Master Terry Dow
- Instructor at Checkmate Martial Arts under Master Leigh Rossi
- As a classically trained actor, he has trained and utilized many different forms of meditation, vocal training, body and energy work, and has lived and trained in both Tibetan and Zen monasteries.
- Student of the Mountains and Rivers Order of Zen Buddhism since 2002
- Member of The100 (a unique Martial Arts Professional organization) since 2009.
- Sensei Richard holds degrees in English and History with pre-law concentration from the University of Connecticut
- Completed an additional 5 years of conservatory style theater training at various institutions throughout New England.
- He was a competitive Chess player on the national circuit for many years, and has placed First in many regional championship tournaments as well as in the top 10 and top 5 of his divisions at the World Open.
- He was a Managing Partner of the Global Fight League and GFL Films, and a founding member of PVLBrand Lifestyle Apparel.
- He has worked as a actor, writer, consultant, service manager, and entrepreneur. His writing on, and coverage of MMA events has been carried by several national media outlets.
- He has a beautiful wife, three daughters, and lives in Hollis, New Hampshire.
Professeur Gino Traballano
Professeur Gino started training in his native Italy at 14 years of age. He trained in Savate, Thai Boxing, and Shoot Boxing. He competed professionally in Europe until 1997. In 1993 he was ranked third in his division by WKA kickboxing. In 1996 he became Italy’s vice champion in Savate combat. In 2008 Eugenio achieved the rank of Guant D’Argent II. He is currently one of the country’s highest ranked Savate practitioners.
HEAD OF GRAPPLING PROGRAM
BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU BLACK BELT
Kevin Watson has been training martial arts since the age of 8, and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for the last 18. He owns Kevin Watson BJJ in Dover, NH. He is a First Degree Black Belt under legendary instructor Marcelo Alonso of the Carlson Gracie Lineage. We are honored to have his fun, playful personality and style leading our BJJ program.
BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU INSTRUCTOR BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU BLACK BELT
George “Jay” Hanley has been training martial arts for most of his life, and has been training Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for the last 11. He is a black belt under Kevin Watson and trains and teaches at Kevin Watson BJJ in Dover, NH.
BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU PURPLE BELT / PREVAIL BLUE BELT
Blake Norris has been training for almost 4 years and is an integral part of our community. He focuses on Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and uses his creative and detail oriented mind to make learning fun and effective for everyone.
PREVAIL SYSTEM RED BELT / BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU BLUE BELT
Coach Ron is the Deputy Chief of the Hollis Fire Department and is one of the founding members of Prevail. He has been training for 6 years. He has a Purple Belt in the Prevail System, a Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and is Level 1 FAST Defense Instructor. He works as a fire-protection engineer.
PREVAIL SYSTEM PURPLE BELT / BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU BLUE BELT
Coach Dave is in integral part of our self-defense and Ju-Jitsu program. He has been training for 5 years and holds the rank of Purple Belt in the Prevail System and Blue Belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
PREVAIL SYSTEM GREEN BELT
Coach Mary Scheidel has been training for 4 years and holds the rank of Green Belt in the Prevail System. She specializes in Kickboxing padwork and Self-Defense JuJitsu. She is also a community organizer and part time photographer.